National Debt Management Center was established in the fourth quarter of 2015 to Secure Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s financing needs with best financing costs in the short, medium, and long term under acceptable degree of risk in compliance with the financial policies and to maintain Kingdom’s ability to access different international financial markets at fair pricing.
DMO’s main responsibilities include the following:
- Managing Government Direct and Contingent liabilities and all of its related operations.
- Developing a strategy for the public debt (“Medium Term Debt Strategy” or “MTDS”) and an Annual Debt Borrowing Plan (“ABP”).
- Arranging, leading and issuing public debt in all forms (both local and international borrowing), refinancing, restructuring, and managing the Ministry of Finance’s guarantees to support the Kingdom’s public financing efficiently.
- Developing legal frameworks, governance and risk management policies related to the public debt management.
- Developing internal policies of the DMO and its management structure.